So this post is just a tad late – I’ve been feeling under the weather lately but perked up around Valentine’s and made a cheesecake for two for my hubby and I. When we first started dating I bragged about my Skor cheesecake and now it is a favorite. This little cake is a nice size and easy to make. Enjoy!
· ¼ cup of crushed up chocolate wafers (you may need a little bit more depending on what size baking dish you use)
· Few table spoons of melted butter
· 1 block of softened cream cheese
· 1 egg at room temperature
· 2 tbsp of sugar
· a dash of vanilla
· ¾ of a large solid chocolate bar
· 2 Skor bars smashed into pieces
· Preheat oven to 325
· Grease whatever pan you will be using (I used about a 5 inch pan) and if you don’t have spring form pan that small line the pan with parchment paper.
· Mix crushed chocolate wafers and several tbsps. of butter together (go slowly on the butter – it should look like wet sand clumps when you’re done).
· Pat mixture into bottom of pan and bake while you start making the filling (bake for about 5-10 minutes, just so it is set).
· Meanwhile in a food processer combine cream cheese, egg, vanilla and sugar – don’t forget to scrape down the sides!
· In a microwave safe bowl add about 3/4 of a large solid chocolate bar (I used Jersey Milk) broken into pieces. Microwave for about 30 seconds at a time and stir frequently. It’s ready when it’s about 80% melted, then stirring will take care of the rest and you won’t have to worry about the chocolate seizing.
· Add the melted chocolate to your cream cheese mixture and combine. Add a handful of Skor bits and combine.
· Pour into your prepared pan, top with additional Skor bits (gently press them down so they don’t fall out when you remove the cheesecake) and bake for about 20 minutes.
· Let cool completely and enjoy!!